Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Spectrum of Light

I sometimes regret having studied as much science as I have. It is said that the possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. Of course there is more mystery out there, but I still believe that my new found knowledge has killed something that I can never bring back. A naivety that only can be found in oblivious children.

I miss being that oblivious child.

The little girl who placed a plate of cookies on the table before going to bed on Christmas Eve. The little girl who couldn't wait to lose another tooth to get to put it under her pillow. The little girl who never liked the rain because it made her sad that the angels were crying. The little girl who thought that rainbows were proof that magic did exist.

Then it was all shredded to pieces. One belief after another. The spectrum of light turned from pure magic into a mocking reminder of all the things I no longer treasured.

2 comments:

  1. Beauitful! I love your writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Science has replaced religion with its own brand of dogma

    Fortunately real magic still exists, if you care to look ...

    ReplyDelete